Monday, March 4, 2013

our favorite books

 
 
I just thought Id share a few of our favorite books :) 
 
For the kids...
 
 
Tickle Monster Laughter Kit by Josie Bisset
 
Kade got this for a birthday gift last year, and both of my kids LOVE this!
Lots of laughs for the whole family!
 
 
The Jesus Storybook Bible by Sally Lloyd-Jones and Jago
 
The kids have a few children's Bibles but this is hands down our favorite!
It is so colorful and very easy for young children to understand.
 
 
 
Charlotte's Web by E.B. White
 
Aubrey and I are currently reading this together. :)
 
 
 
 
 
Mittens by Lola M Schaefer
 
Aubrey is a very new reader, so I picked up several of the Mittens books at Books-A-Million.
We really enjoy reading these. Perfect for new readers.
 
 
 
Fancy Nancy by Jane O'Connor
 
Although these are level 1 readers, Aubrey still has a hard time reading these.
However, I love to read these! HA!
 
 
My book picks...
 
 
 
One Thousand Gifts  by Ann Voskamp
 
I've read this book twice. Yep its just that good!
 
 
 
Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey
 
Can't tell you how good this book really is.
Practical tips on how to become and stay debt free.
He has budgeting forms for you to use in the book also.
 
 
 
Jesus Calling by Sarah Young
 
My mother in law gave me this devotional book a couple years ago.
I read this every.single.morning with my coffee.
 
 
 
 
 
I am actually still reading this book, but it has been great.
Helps you to focus on your child's heart rather than on their behavior.
I would suggest this to all parents.
 
 
{sorry I couldn't help myself ;)}
The Pioneer Woman Cooks by Ree Drummond
 
I have both of her cookbooks, but this one is my favorite.
I can follow visual instructions better than written, and that is what i really
like about her cookbook. She has pictures step-by-step for all of her recipes.
Also she has lots of fun pictures from her ranch. And gives you the "must have's" for any kitchen :)
 
 
There you have it! Some of our favorite books!
 
Hope everyone has a great week!
Jenny
 
 
Also, if you are counting 1000 gifts with me in 2013 click here to see March's Joy Dare :)
 
 
#255 afternoon naps
 
#256 quiet house while kids are napping
 
#257 fresh zucchini
 
#258 crackle of the fire
 
#259  fuzzy robe :)
 
#260 sticky kisses
 
#261 the banging of the kids piano
 
#262 movie night
 
#263 beautiful pink sunset
 
#264 rest on the Sabbath
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments: