Wednesday, April 17, 2013

On My Heart

My heart has been so heavy the last few days. I am so very thankful for God's grace and mercy.

Sunday, April, 14, around 10:30am we rushed Kade to the ER. He was unconscious. I still can't believe this happened. I hate to write this but I feel like I need to get it out and maybe even cry this out. I feel stressed, upset, and so many other emotions right now its overwhelming. Do you know what its like to feel like you are about to lose your child?! I do and I know that it is the worst feeling a parent could have.

The weather was bad Saturday night and our bed wasn't big enough for all four of us. So Kade and I slept in Aubrey's room. Kade had woken up a few times from the thunder. That morning when I woke up, I went to let the dogs out and left the back door open. Kade found me out there and just walked out to me. He still looked really sleepy. Which I assumed was because none of us slept well that night and he was probably just tired. I picked him and we went into my bedroom to tell daddy good morning. He had laid his head on my shoulder. I walk into our bedroom and Trey tells me Kade went to sleep on me. Hard to believe. I felt him and he was really clammy. I laid him on my bed to take his pajamas off and his body was completely limp. A parents worst night mare.

Trey threw some clothes on and ran him to the hospital. I am so thankful that we have a hospital literally right outside of our subdivision. My sister in law came over to stay with Aubrey while I went to meet Trey at the hospital.

When I got to the hospital, Kade was awake and in a huge hospital bed.  He was awake, but just in a daze. They told us they were going to have to draw his blood and that he would probably scream. They inserted the needle and he just sat there. No emotion what so ever. We were both terrified and in tears. We sat there with Kade and prayed and prayed. We did find out that his blood sugar had dropped to 40, which would cause him to pass out. Everything seemed to look good and all they could tell us that his blood sugar was low and he passed out from hypoglycemia.  We were released from the hospital a few hours after being there and when his blood sugar level was back to normal.

Monday we took him to the pediatrician to have a follow up and see what other test should be done.  The Dr. had not received his blood work and urine sample yet from the hospital so she sent us to have an EKG done. (we are still waiting on those results)

The pediatrician called us later on Monday to tell us that she believes it was Ketotic Hypoglycemia.

We still aren't 100% convinced that this is all that it was.  So to be sure that it wasn't caused by a seizure we will be taking him on Friday to have an EEG done. I pray he did not have a seizure and I pray that he doesn't have a tumor.

Please keep our sweet boy in your prayers.  I pray that we don't find anything alarming, but I do hope that we can find out what the cause is and avoid this happening in the future. 

Hold your babies close. Hug them often. Tell them that you love them. And remember on days when you're not feeling great and are moody that God is good! He is so good.

No comments: