Wednesday, September 7, 2016

First Day of Homeschool

Wow. I cannot believe it has been almost an entire year that I have posted on my blog. Life gets crazy and we have had a super busy year.


We started our homeschool year August 1st. I started earlier than usual so we could take a little bit more time off during the year if we need to. We took several breaks last year and we didn't finish up till the end of June and I do not want to have to do that again this year!

We also have lots going on with our homeschool groups so I want to be prepared to take "days off" for field trips etc. Even though technically those are still school days! ;)

Aubrey is in 4th grade this year. I know, hand me a Kleenex. I can't believe she is old enough for this.
She is doing a mix of curriculum this year and so far I believe we have everything figured out and I'm hoping it will be a smooth year for us both.

Kade is in Kindergarten. Or Pre-K. I really can't make up my mind. He's at a K level for everything except phonics. He just didn't catch on as well as I hoped last year. So we are reviewing/relearning to recognize certain letters and sounds. He was thrilled to do more school this year. I hope he will stay excited about it!!

Here are our first day pictures!
(I wish I had used my big camera)













No comments: