Sunday, July 16, 2017

DIY Kitchen Sink Cleaner



I wanted to share this recipe with y'all because it works SO good!  Comet does a great job making sinks shiny but I honestly cannot stand to use Comet.  It just grosses me out for whatever reason.  I'm strange I know. ;) I think this works just as good but better because it is so much better to use than comet with all of its chemicals. That's my opinion.

Here is what you will need:

1 cup of baking soda
glass jar of some sort with a lid (must use glass when using lemon oil)

Add baking soda to the jar and add 2-3 drops of lemon essential oil. Mix with a fork and that is it!!

I like to use this in the evenings after the kitchen is cleaned from our dinner mess.  First you start off by sprinkling some of the baking soda mixture in your sink and let sit for about 5 minutes or so.  I really don't know how long mine sits so that is just a guess.  It doesn't really matter.  Next, drizzle a bit of  Castile soap to the sink.  Take a sponge or rag and scrub the sink.  Rinse with water and finish off by drying with a rag.  Let me know if you try this and how you like it!! 


I wanted to note that in the picture above I used Doterra lemon oil. I have had this oil for awhile and I have nothing against Doterra but I have been using Rocky Mountain Oils for quite sometime now and I have been VERY pleased with their oils, quality, as well as price.  I hope to do a post about oils soon! 

No comments: