Thursday, May 28, 2015

Southwest Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing


I've posted recipes on here a good bit in the past but none of them are really healthy. I want to start posting some healthy recipes hopefully once a week or so. 

We have really changed our eating lifestyle over the last 6+ months and my recipes should probably reflect that. ;) 

Carry on... 



Southwest Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing

For the dressing

1 C cilantro, stems removed
1/2 C plain Greek yogurt
2 cloves of garlic
Juice of 1 lime
Salt
1/4 C olive oil
2 TBS of apple cider vinegar

- Add ingredients to blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. Set aside.

Salad: 

(I didn't measure any of these ingredients, I just added how much I wanted of each according to my preference) 

Organic romaine lettuce, chopped
Cherry tomatoes, halved
Canned corn kernels, drained 
Canned black beans, drained
Fresh cilantro 
1 avocado (I actually used a couple TBS of the spicy wholly guacamole dip) 


Enjoy! 


Original recipe found here.

No comments: