Monday, May 19, 2014

Whole30: Week Two


I'm done with week 2 of the Whole30. If you missed my blog post on week one you can read about it here.

Week 2 didn't go quite as planned. We met a friend for pizza one night, had crawfish etouffee one afternoon, and had crawfish pasta while my mother in law was in town. I will say that those 3 "cheats", though I'm not proud of them (LOL), I did eat in moderation and was quick to get back to eat my whole foods immediately after. And might I add how horrible I felt after eating all of that. After the pizza I had a killer headache and went to bed as soon as we got home, and after both crawfish dishes, I was tired and bloated. 

But overall I have felt so good and full of energy! I haven't had any headaches at all, except for the night I ate pizza...
I'm sleeping better and have no 3pm wall! Yay! ;)

I ate a several of the same meals, mainly breakfast, that I did during week one. For week 3, I plan on getting a little more creative with my food.

Here's a look at what I ate during week 2!


Sweet potato hash browns, fried eggs, and bacon.


Flounder, baked broccoli, and pineapple.


Cauliflower rice with a little lime juice and pepper and sauteed zucchini, mushrooms, and onion.


Salmon, roasted mushrooms and asparagus. 


These Larabars are a lifesaver! They're the perfect thing to grab on the go or just as a special treat!


Wild hog sausage with onion, mashed cauliflower, pineapple and strawberries.


And this has by far been my favorite thing that I have eaten on the Whole30!
Chicken and spaghetti squash with a bacon, mushroom, and garlic cream sauce! You can find the recipe 




No comments: