Monday, July 29, 2013

Struggles

Who Am I by Casting Crowns on Grooveshark


I have been struggling lately.  Things on my heart. Things I have to work on.
I know that I will never be perfect like Jesus but I can sure do my best to try.
Scripture has really been my rock lately. There is always a verse for every situation
in my life.

I struggle with patience...I fuss more than I should.

James 1:19-20
Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger; for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God.

Proverbs 15:1
A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.

I struggle with letting go and letting God... I have so much anxiety and am scared to do a lot of things on my own.

Psalm 55:22
Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken.

I have so many other things in my life that I struggle with but I think these two are by far on my heart all day everyday. 

Often I have had to remind myself to just be present at home. Be present with my kids.  This is just a season we're going through.
They have truly been testing my patience and all I can do is to pray and ask God to help me get through the day with a smile on my face and a song in my heart. 
They won't be little for long and I don't want them to remember me being fussy with them.
  I want them to remember me using kind words, and telling them I love them too many times to count.
 I want them to remember that I stayed home with them because I wanted to because I love them so much. 
I need to be a good mom to them and an even better wife. They deserve the best of me.  

We all have struggles. Some bigger than others. Just remember that whatever you're going through, if you open your Bible, you can find solutions to all of life's problems.
And remember that God is ALWAYS there to listen. And if you listen close enough you may even hear Him speaking to you.











No comments: